News and Announcements
For those of you who checked out a retro suit for the Korkki race, a reminder that you are to return the suit, clean, in a plastic ziplock bag, no later than Friday, January 13. Coach Nona will be collecting the suits from you. Thanks.
Congratulation skiers on another great day of skiing.
A couple of things for upcoming races:
1. If you sign up to race and then are unable to race please text Coach Nona (218-340-0443) before the race so she can communicate that information to the race timer and race starters.
2. If you are going to ride to or from the race with your parents, PLEASE, print off the travel form from our website and provide it to Coach Nona, no later than the day before the race so we know who will be riding the bus, both going to the race and returning from the race. We understand sometimes this will not be possible but would appreciate if you could try and provide us with this information before the race.
Skiers, our team is so fortunate to have parents putting together a healthy meal for you the night before your race. REMINDER if you have not paid your IOU from the last dinner you will not be allowed to race tomorrow. Thank you for taking care of this.
Posted August 15, 2022
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) updated its COVID-19 guidelines Friday, August 12. Duluth Public Schools has updated its COVID-19 protocols to align with those of the CDC.
Here are some of the changes:
If you were exposed to COVID-19, it is strongly recommended you wear a high-quality mask for 10 days and get tested on day 5, regardless of vaccination status.
No quarantine is necessary unless COVID-19-like symptoms develop, regardless of vaccination status. This goes for household contacts as well.
The district is still requiring those who test positive for COVID-19 — regardless of vaccination status — isolate for 5 days and can return on day 6, if the positive individual wears a well-fitting mask and is fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication and other symptoms have improved.
You can read all of the COVID-19 protocols in the Safe Learning Plan. See Duluth East Nordic – Documents
Minnesota High School League
Requirements of individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19:
• Individuals may not participate in in-person practice or interscholastic competitions. (Including but not
limited to games, meets, scrimmages etc.)
Day 6 and beyond:
• Individuals may participate in in-person practice and interscholastic competition if:
o They are fever-free for 24 hours (without the use of fever-reducing medication) and
o Their symptoms are improving.
• Individuals should wear a mask through Day 10.
o Individuals may not actively participate in swimming and diving or while stunting in cheer as a
mask cannot be worn safely.
o With two sequential negative antigen tests 48 hours apart, the mask may be removed sooner
than Day 10.
Additional Information and definitions:
• “Individuals” includes student participants, student managers, coaches and any others with regular
proximity to a team of any MSHSL-governed activity or sport.
• Day 0 is the first day of symptoms or a positive viral test. Day 1 is the first full day after the symptoms
developed or the test specimen was collected.
Resources and Recommendations:
• Isolation and Precautions for People with COVID-19 CDC (8/11/22)
• MDH COVID Isolation Guide MDH (3/15/22)
• If You Are Sick or Test Positive: COVID-19 MDH (Retrieved 8/11/22)
• What to Do If You Were Exposed to COVID-19 CDC (8/11/22)
Attached is the MSHSL Post Covid Return to Sport Protocol document
The document MSHSL_Post_Covid_Return_to_Sport_Protocol.pdf was attached to this post.