News and Announcements
Attached are the workout for the 5th week of the virtual season. This is the week we usually go to Giants Ridge for our workouts on the State Meet courses. This year you will have to do them on your own. Do them at Giants Ridge if you can. If not find a hilly course and do them there.
Right now in person practice is scheduled to start on Monday, January 4th. Watch the website for new announcements and be sure to read the old ones. There will be a Google form for COVID-19 tracking to complete each day before you come to practice. It will be on the website later this week.
Bonnie & Dave
Hello Skiers and Parents,
We hope the following information gives you an idea of what we expect this year’s East Nordic Ski season to look like. Of course, this is all subject to change depending on the direction we get from East High School and the Minnesota State High School League (MSHSL).
Due to COVID-19 restrictions:
1. The Snowflake chalet will NOT be open. (There will be porta-potties at Snowflake)
2. Since skiers will not be coming from East or Ordean there will NOT be a Snowflake bus.
3. Since skiers are coming from home, they will transport their ski equipment with them each day – (No Snowflake storage closet use)
4. For daily practice: 3:00 – 4:30 Monday – Friday at Snowflake
a. Skiers must do the COVID check in online daily before coming to practice.
b. Skiers will be divided into groups, assigned to a coach and will ski at practice only with that group.
c. Each coach and group will have a specific meeting site at Snowflake and attendance will be taken (due to COVID wellness check).
d. All skiers must wear a mask (not a buff) before and after skiing.
e. All skiers must stay 6 feet away from other skiers and coaches.
Our ski season officially started on November 30th although it has to be virtual. We are waiting for East High School and the MSHSL to say in person practice is OK.
1. The race schedule is posted on the calendar on our website.
2. Races can only include 3 teams – this is a MSHSL requirement.
3. All our races are in the Duluth area. Skiers will need to arrange their own transportation to and from races (this includes the Cloquet race).
4. We are planning on a Section Meet but we don’t know what that will be like at this time.
5. We hope that there will be a MSHSL State Meet. We need to wait for the MSHSL to give us information about that.
The East team is not putting any emphasis on waxing this winter. Wax or not, the choice is yours.
1. All skiers will need to wax their own skis
2. Skiers must arrive at practice with their skis waxed for either classic or skating. We will not be waxing as a group.
3. Waxing information, this will be on a chart on our website.
We look forward to a fun skiing and racing season. Please get signed up for the East Nordic Ski Team and have your physical and all your paperwork in so we can just focus on skiing when that day gets here.
Get your Snowflake pass now and start skiing. If you want to ski (outside of practice) at Spirit Mountain, get your pass before December 23rd. (See additional information on our website)
The document A_Different_Year.docx was attached to this post.
The Borah team store for our team jackets and hats is now open until Midnight Monday, December 9th. Click on this link https://dulutheast2020.itemorder.com/ or copy into your browser to get to the store.
Open the attached document to see what the jacket and hats look like.
Remember the jacket and hats are optional.
The document Jacket___Hat_Pics.pdf was attached to this post.
The Borah team store for our team jackets has opened. Click on this link https://dulutheast2020.itemorder.com/ or copy into your browser to get to the store. The store closes at midnight on Saturday, December 7th.
Open the attached document to see what the jacket and hats look like
Remember the jacket and hats are optional.
The workouts for the first week of the ski season have been sent out to all who have filled out this years “Skier Profile”. Fill out the “Skier Profile” now to get next week’s workouts and other team information. It can be found on the website www.dulutheastnordic.org.
If you would like to get this week’s workouts send me an email by replying to this email.
Have fun on the snow,