News and Announcements
1. Proctor XC Ski Race at Spirit Mountain – Grand Avenue Nordic Center on Tuesday, December 12th starting at 11:00 a.m. It will be a freestyle race and there will be no bus (School district policy).
2. Sign up for Proctor Race by the end of practice on Friday. We have a new timer this year – No Late entries will be allowed
Up coming Practice / Race Schedule
- All those who can go to Spirit Mountain to ski, Please Do So! You will need either a Season Pass or a Daily Pass. Pass will need to be purchased online.
1. Season Passes can be found here: https://spiritmountain.connectintouch.com/nordic
2. Daily Passes can be found here: https://spiritmountain.connectintouch.com/nordic-2
- We will have practice at East HS for those who aren’t going to Spirit Mountain
- Thursday practice at Spirit Mountain and East HS
- Friday practice at Snowflake Nordic Center
1. Ski Suits will be handed out to:
Those who are racing on Tuesday
Those who have the $150 Check and the signed Ski Suit Check Out form (see attached form)
2. We will have a running / Ski Erg Strength Workout
- Monday, December 11 at Snowflake Nordic Center
1. Team Dinner – $7
2. Ski Waxing for the race on Tuesday
- Tuesday – Proctor Race at Spirit Mountain – starting at 11:00 a.m.
The document Duluth_East_Ski_Suit_Check_Out.pdf was attached to this post.
Good afternoon Skiers and Parents. We’ve not formally met. I’m the local director of the Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour stop in Duluth. This festival has been alive and well in our community for the better part of 20+ years. And our attendance these days at Symphony Hall is astounding. If you are aware of this festival, it really needs no introduction. If not, please look at the below link to this year’s teaser trailer. Inspiring, I know.
Many of the films that are shown are high energy outdoor sports which are quite attractive and engaging for high school athletes participating in the same activities. Its possible many of these athletes know of this film festival already and attend. But for those that have not attended I’m certain they would give it a try. I appreciate you taking the time to read this email and consider forwarding it on to your athletes. If you have any specific questions or concerns please reach out. Have a good week. Thx.
Mark C. Nyholm
Director – Banff Centre Mountain Film Festival World Tour – Duluth, MN
CSS Skiing is having an open house the Friday before the Duluth JNQ, Dec 8th. Come for a campus tour, dinner, meet the team and ask them and coach Jason Kask questions about skiing at CSS and in college in general. Click on link below for more information
The document css11-26.pdf was attached to this post.
For those of you who have a family membership at Snowflake PLEASE include a note letting me know with your team fund payment OR send me an email indicating you have a family membership (firstname.lastname@example.org). Thanks for your help!!
For those of you new to the team, and especially new to Nordic skiing, please note that a wealth of information is available under the tab on our website entitled Frequently Asked Questions. This information was compiled by a parent new to the team and Nordic skiing several years ago.. I hope you find it helpful. Now, bring on the snow!!!