News and Announcements
It’s almost race time! The night before most races there will be a team dinner and ski waxing at Snowflake. In years past parents needed to bake frozen lasagnas and bring them warm to Snowflake. This year we have arranged for Duluth Grill to bring lasagna to Snowflake hot and ready to go! We also have this sign-up genius for parents to contribute the other
elements of dinner: salad and desserts and some helpers to serve. You can either drop off items by 4pm at snowflake or send with your skier to practice. The cost will be $7 for each skier. The skiers just put their money in a jar as they go through the line. There are two dinners in December, the 14th and the 19th. Please sign yourself up on the sign-up genius and remember to send money with your skier. It’s so exciting to be able to have these fun team experiences back again!
Skiers and parents
I hope you all had a great holiday. If you haven’t already done so, please complete the school forms and fee as well as the team fees, ie ski fund and Snowflake fees.
If you have any questions please txt me at 218-340-0443.
Thanks. It would be great if we could get everyup to speed so we can concentrate on training.
For those of you new to the team, parents and team members, there is a wealth of information to be found on our website.
Specifically, on the right hand black square drop down list choose Frequently Asked Questions to find New Family Cross Country Ski FAQ. One of our previous “new family members” graciously put together a comprehensive discussion of the questions you might have. We encourage you to use this resource.
Here is the website for ordering the East Nordic Team Jacket and Hat. Remember this is optional and we don’t change the jacket style for many years. So unless you outgrow it or wear it out (I’ve never seen that happen) you won’t have to buy another one.
The online store closes at midnight on Wednesday, November 30, 2022
The website is https://dulutheastski.itemorder.com/
OUR ANNUAL TRIP TO WEST YELLOWSTONE OVER THANKSGIVING WEEK IS ON.
• We leave Ordean East Middle School (2900 East Fourth Street, Duluth, MN 55812) at 5:00 p.m. Friday, November 18.
• Have a bag dinner with you – we will not be stopping for dinner.
• We will stop for a quick breakfast on Saturday morning – indicate your preference on the sign-up sheet
• Arrive West Yellowstone Saturday afternoon.
• Leave West Yellowstone about 5:00 p.m. on Friday
• Arrive Duluth late morning on Saturday, November 26.
• This year the trip costs $875 ($975 if received after Oct. 28):
• This trip has filled up in the past. We will fill the busses on a first paid – first reserved basis. Your seat will be reserved when we receive your down payment.
You must have been on your HS ski team at least one year and be in 9th grade or above. These requirements are waived if a responsible adult comes along or Bonnie OKs it.
Also see the document “West Yellowstone Daily Schedule” located in the “Documents” section of this website.