News and Announcements
Skiers, our team is so fortunate to have parents putting together a healthy meal for you the night before your race. REMINDER if you have not paid your IOU from the last dinner you will not be allowed to race tomorrow. Thank you for taking care of this.
Posted August 15, 2022
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) updated its COVID-19 guidelines Friday, August 12. Duluth Public Schools has updated its COVID-19 protocols to align with those of the CDC.
Here are some of the changes:
If you were exposed to COVID-19, it is strongly recommended you wear a high-quality mask for 10 days and get tested on day 5, regardless of vaccination status.
No quarantine is necessary unless COVID-19-like symptoms develop, regardless of vaccination status. This goes for household contacts as well.
The district is still requiring those who test positive for COVID-19 — regardless of vaccination status — isolate for 5 days and can return on day 6, if the positive individual wears a well-fitting mask and is fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication and other symptoms have improved.
You can read all of the COVID-19 protocols in the Safe Learning Plan. See Duluth East Nordic – Documents
Minnesota High School League
Requirements of individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19:
• Individuals may not participate in in-person practice or interscholastic competitions. (Including but not
limited to games, meets, scrimmages etc.)
Day 6 and beyond:
• Individuals may participate in in-person practice and interscholastic competition if:
o They are fever-free for 24 hours (without the use of fever-reducing medication) and
o Their symptoms are improving.
• Individuals should wear a mask through Day 10.
o Individuals may not actively participate in swimming and diving or while stunting in cheer as a
mask cannot be worn safely.
o With two sequential negative antigen tests 48 hours apart, the mask may be removed sooner
than Day 10.
Additional Information and definitions:
• “Individuals” includes student participants, student managers, coaches and any others with regular
proximity to a team of any MSHSL-governed activity or sport.
• Day 0 is the first day of symptoms or a positive viral test. Day 1 is the first full day after the symptoms
developed or the test specimen was collected.
Resources and Recommendations:
• Isolation and Precautions for People with COVID-19 CDC (8/11/22)
• MDH COVID Isolation Guide MDH (3/15/22)
• If You Are Sick or Test Positive: COVID-19 MDH (Retrieved 8/11/22)
• What to Do If You Were Exposed to COVID-19 CDC (8/11/22)
Attached is the MSHSL Post Covid Return to Sport Protocol document
The document MSHSL_Post_Covid_Return_to_Sport_Protocol.pdf was attached to this post.
Attached is a QR code to the captain’s sweatshirt order.
Hi Skiers and Parents,
Wednesday, November 30th at 11:59 p.m. the store closes for the team jacket orders. Get your order in and be proud to wear the colors of one of the fastest Nordic ski teams in the state of Minnesota.
Here is the website for ordering the East Nordic Team Jacket and Hats.
The website is https://dulutheastski.itemorder.com/