News and Announcements
Skiers and parents
I hope you all had a great holiday. If you haven’t already done so, please complete the school forms and fee as well as the team fees, ie ski fund and Snowflake fees.
If you have any questions please txt me at 218-340-0443.
Thanks. It would be great if we could get everyup to speed so we can concentrate on training.
For those of you new to the team, parents and team members, there is a wealth of information to be found on our website.
Specifically, on the right hand black square drop down list choose Frequently Asked Questions to find New Family Cross Country Ski FAQ. One of our previous “new family members” graciously put together a comprehensive discussion of the questions you might have. We encourage you to use this resource.
Here is the website for ordering the East Nordic Team Jacket and Hat. Remember this is optional and we don’t change the jacket style for many years. So unless you outgrow it or wear it out (I’ve never seen that happen) you won’t have to buy another one.
The online store closes at midnight on Wednesday, November 30, 2022
The website is https://dulutheastski.itemorder.com/
OUR ANNUAL TRIP TO WEST YELLOWSTONE OVER THANKSGIVING WEEK IS ON.
• We leave Ordean East Middle School (2900 East Fourth Street, Duluth, MN 55812) at 5:00 p.m. Friday, November 18.
• Have a bag dinner with you – we will not be stopping for dinner.
• We will stop for a quick breakfast on Saturday morning – indicate your preference on the sign-up sheet
• Arrive West Yellowstone Saturday afternoon.
• Leave West Yellowstone about 5:00 p.m. on Friday
• Arrive Duluth late morning on Saturday, November 26.
• This year the trip costs $875 ($975 if received after Oct. 28):
• This trip has filled up in the past. We will fill the busses on a first paid – first reserved basis. Your seat will be reserved when we receive your down payment.
You must have been on your HS ski team at least one year and be in 9th grade or above. These requirements are waived if a responsible adult comes along or Bonnie OKs it.
Also see the document “West Yellowstone Daily Schedule” located in the “Documents” section of this website.
To Register: Fill out the online form and open and print 2022 West Yellowstone Trip Information and Waivers.pdf below. Mail the waivers and down payment check to Bonnie ASAP.
Hello Skiers and Families,
We will have our 3rd attempt to hold the East Nordic Awards Gathering to celebrate all of you East Nordic Skiers!
You and your family are invited to the East High School Auditorium on Wednesday, May 11th at 7 p.m.
The awards that will be given out:
Team Awards: Most Improved, Most Team Spirit, Rookie Skier of the Year, Most Valuable Skier, Captains Awards
Next year’s Captains will also be announced
There will be a Social Time following the Awards.
We look forward to seeing you at East High School.