Duluth East Nordic Ski Team Practice Routine
Hello Skiers and Parents,
Our East Nordic Ski team focus this season will be to build a “Culture of Health”. It is very important to follow these protocols so we can keep everyone healthy. We want to be able to complete our ski season.
The Snowflake Chalet is closed this season due to COVID-19. Because of this, we will have a definite practice end time of 4:30. (There will be porta potties at Snowflake.)
Please call the phone line, 218-728-1811, daily. This is where changes to our schedule and important information will posted daily.
For the first week of practice (January 4-8) plan to skate ski. If you only have classic equipment then you will classic ski and that will be fine!
East Nordic “Culture of Health”
1. You must complete the Nordic Skiing COVID-19 Daily Check In Form each day BEFORE arriving at practice. This is found on our website
2. Be on time for practice and attendance at 3:00 p.m.
3. Meet your ski pod at the designated Snowflake site
4. Stay 6 feet away from everyone. Keep your coaches and teammates healthy!
5. All East Nordic skiers MUST wear a mask during the entire practice. This is a Minnesota State High School League mandate.
6. Do not share water bottles.
7. You are responsible for your own equipment and clothing. Coaches will not pick up items left at Snowflake. Please put your name on your equipment.
Skier Pods Meeting Sites at Snowflake – 3 p.m. for attendance
Coach Mark’s Pod: Meet by the lowest parking lot (bus parking) at the bottom of the sliding hill.
Coach Patti’s Pod: Meet by the light pole above the garage about the middle of the sliding hill.
Coach Bonnie’s Pod: Meet by the chalet basement door under the deck.
Coach Dave’s Pod: Meet in front of the chalet.
Below is an attachment for each pod’s assigned skiers. If your name is not on the list please email Bonnie at email@example.com as soon as possible!!!! She will make sure you have a pod!